Prep Cook / Banquet Cook Job Description Summary:
Skilled Prep / Banquet cook. Prep cook to prepare food to the exact menu specifications. This includes, but is not limited to chopping vegetables, preparing meats, making sauces, ensuring cleanliness of the kitchen, and assisting with opening and closing duties.
Prep Cook / Banquet Cook Responsibilities:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces).
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.